Time-of-Flight/Start-Counter Meeting, June 12, 2009
- Minutes from the last meeting
- Time-of-Flight Status: Sasha O.
- Start Counter Status: Werner/Seema
- Schedules: Mark
- Mailing List: email@example.com
- Action items
FIU: Werner Boeglin
FSU: Sasha Ostridov
JLab: Mark Ito, Simon Taylor, Tim Whitlatch, Beni Zihlmann
Sasha reports that they have hired a student, Chuck Brandon, to work full time on measurements from the prototype. Again the immediate goals are:
- Repeat previous measurements with a constant fraction discriminator
- Use scalers to measure efficiency
They are still gathering equipment for these tests.
Start Counter Status
All of the main ingredients for testing this summer have arrived at FIU:
- fine-mesh pmt
- SiPM sample
- scintillator in various sizes
- full-scale light guide
Mark pointed out the location of schedules for both the TOF and the SC (they are linked from their respective detector wiki pages). These were derived from the official project schedules and put into Fastrack by Chuck Hutton. These are more templates at present; they are missing the planning steps needed for the near to intermediate future, before real procurement starts. We need to think about how to use this tool.
- Tim will find a copy of Chuck's drawing of the target area to show us.
- Elliott will ship a flash ADC to FSU for their test set-up.
- FIU will study different geometries for the start counter.
- Sasha will look at the bugs in his single-pi HDGeant study which uses the time-of-flight.