The Start Counter (SC) surrounds the liquid hydrogen target. The primary purpose of the SC is to identify the photon beam buckets associated with the individual events. For an in-depth discussion of the Start Counter design, construction, and calibration see Eric Pooser's dissertation. For a more concise presentation see the NIMA article . How the SC fits into the full GlueX detector is described in a separate paper .
Resources (some historical or obsolete)
- For a recent description see the Start Counter Update GlueX-doc-992
- Start Counter schedule from Nov. 2012 baseline
- Fastrack schedule (draft)
- Start Counter Meetings
- Start Counter Cheat Sheet
- Start Counter Silicon Photomultiplier Read-Out
- Start Counter Simulations
- Start Counter Background Studies
- Start Counter Material Study
- Start Counter Operation Methods
- DAQ Tasks for Spring 2015 Commissioning Run
- E. Pooser et al., The GlueX Start Counter Detector, Nucl. Instrum. Meth. A 927, 330-342 (2019) doi:10.1016/j.nima.2019.02.029 [arXiv:1901.02759 [physics.ins-det]].
- Pooser, Eric J., "The GlueX Start Counter & Beam Asymmetry in Single Photoproduction" (2016). FIU Electronic Theses and Dissertations. 2450. https://digitalcommons.fiu.edu/etd/2450
- S. Adhikari et al. [GlueX], The GLUEX beamline and detector, Nucl. Instrum. Meth. A 987, 164807 (2021) doi:10.1016/j.nima.2020.164807 [arXiv:2005.14272 [physics.ins-det]].