GlueX TOF Meeting, January 16, 2014
GlueX Time-of-Flight Meeting
Thursday, January 16, 2014
10:00 am EST
JLab: CEBAF Center, F326/327
- Review of meeting on December 5
- Installation Update
- Testing results
- Contract extension
- ESNet: 8542553
- Go to http://esnet.readytalk.com
- In the "join a meeting" box enter the code: 1833622
- Fill in the participant registration form.
To connect by telephone:
- US and Canada: (866)740-1260 (toll free)
- International: (303)248-0285 (toll call) or look up toll-free number at http://www.readytalk.com/intl
- enter access code followed by the # sign: 1833622#
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2014-1Q on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2014-1Q/ .
- FSU: Paul Eugenio, Sasha Ostrovidov
- JLab: Chuck Hutton, Mark Ito (chair), Beni Zihlmann
Paul was at the Lab earlier in the week with Hussein (who is still in Newport News). A lot of progress was made in preparations for installation. There are a lot of adjustments/height-settings that have to be done and the details of the procedure are being worked out. Tom has been consulting on details as well. A few modules were laid out on the frame to test the fit of the various components.
The number of the threaded standoffs made turned out to be much fewer than required. FSU is making the balance now and they should be ready by next week when Paul goes back to the Lab on Tuesday. Turns out there are already enough of the corresponding nuts on hand due to an extra order that came from McMaster.
Paul will return the CAEN TDC module borrowed from JLab to Fernando. The FSU module was sent back to CAEN for repair and has now been returned.
Sasha has been working on test results from the short paddles. He has got things down to about 150 ps, including application of time-walk corrections. The standard modules gave 90 ps, but they are two-ended, unlike the short paddles.
A contract extensions has been approved. Paul will look into getting a signature on it at the FSU end.