GlueX TOF Meeting, August 2, 2012

From GlueXWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

GlueX TOF Meeting
Thursday, August 2, 2012
10:00 am EDT
JLab: CEBAF Center, F326


  1. Announcements
  2. Review of last TOF bi-weekly meeting
  3. Mechanical design
  4. Prototype status
  5. TDC Purchase
  6. Contract Status
  7. Calibration and Alignment
  8. Technical Design Report contribution



  1. ESNet: 8542553
  2. EVO: EVO site


Talks can be deposited in the directory /group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2012-3Q on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at .



  • FSU: Paul Eugenio, Sasha Ostrovidov, Randall Smith, Ian Winger
  • JLab: Eugene Chudakov, Chuck Hutton, Mark Ito (chair), Beni Zihlmann

Contract Status

The response from FSU to questions from JLab came in last week. The next step is to review the submission. Mark will find out how we should proceed and will get an estimate on how long it will take before contract award.

Review of Minutes from the Last Meeting

We went over the minutes from the July 19th meeting.

  • Fernando Barbosa is handling the procurement of the CAEN TDCs.
  • Mark and Tim have yet to provide the group a summary of the construction schedule.

Mini-TOF Construction

  • Randall and Chuck have been going back and forth with questions and changes over the past few weeks.
  • FSU is making fixtures for doing the light guide clamps now. They will be ready to start making the clamps themselves in the next couple of days.
  • At JLab, the order is in for the bent metal brackets that FSU will finish off.
  • FSU has ordered most of the materials needed, including more light guide rods, except for the scintillator itself.
  • Paul has requested updated quotes from Eljen for the production quantity of scintillator.
    • The scintillator cost is supposed to be reimbursable under the construction contract. If the contract is not in place by the time we are ready to order, we may have to rethink a strategy.
  • Ian mentioned that they will try different rubbers and foams for material in direct contact with the detector modules. Memory foam is a possibility.

Calibration and Alignment

Sasha will give a presentation at the next meeting outlining ideas and raising questions. He may include a plan to use sources for integrity testing.

Technical Design Report

Paul will have time to turn to this next week.

New Action Items

  1. Make a plan for getting the contract awarded. -> Mark
  2. Prepare a talk on calibration and alignment for the next meeting. -> Sasha