GlueX TOF Meeting, July 19, 2012

From GlueXWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Thursday, July 19, 2012
10:00 am EDT
JLab: CEBAF Center, F326


  1. Announcements
  2. Review of last TOF bi-weekly meeting
  3. Mechanical design
  4. Prototype status
  5. TDC choice
  6. Contract Status
  7. Calibration and Alignment
  8. Technical Design Report contribution



  1. ESNet: 8542553
  2. EVO: EVO site


Talks can be deposited in the directory /group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2012-3Q on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at .



  • FSU: Sasha Ostrovidov, Randall Smith, Ian Winger
  • JLab: Tim Whitlatch, Beni Zihlmann (chair)
  • EVO: Mark Ito

Mechanical Design

  • We had an extended detailed discussion of the mechanical design for the mini-TOF, reviewing drawings from Chuck. JLab will provided the bent brackets, which involve bending of sheet metal.
  • We may have to purchase some pieces for the mini-TOF before the construction contract is in place. If so, arrangements may have to be made to have JLab pay for some parts to get started.
  • Mark and Tim will review the overall schedule for this part of the 12-GeV/Hall-D project and make a distilled version so that all involved can see where we are. Things are starting to look a bit tight.

TDC Status

Eugene Chudakov gave the go-ahead to buy the CAEN TDC's. He tasked Beni with submitting the PR.

Contract Status

JLab is waiting for FSU's response to questions.

Calibration and Alignment

Mark encouraged Sasha to write an outline and circulate it to the group.

Action Items

  1. Circulate the schedule for TOF construction. -> Mark, Tim
  2. Submit a PR for CAEN TDCs. -> Beni
  3. Write an outline about the calibration procedure. -> Sasha