GlueX Software Meeting, June 9, 2020
GlueX Software Meeting
Tuesday, June 9, 2020
3:30 pm EDT
BlueJeans: 968 592 007
- MCwrapper 2.5.0 released (Thomas)
- version_4.21.0.xml and version_4.21.1.xml (Mark)
- recon-launch-compatible version sets (Mark)
- New version set: version_4.21.2.xml (Mark)
- New tagged builds of NPP software: halld_recon npp_1.1 and halld_sim npp_1.1 (Mark)
- group disk full (Mark)
- Monitoring Launch 2019-11 ver12 complete (Alex A.)
- Review of Minutes from the Last Software Meeting (all)
- Report from the Last HDGeant4 Meeting (all)
- New Email List System for JLab? (Mark)
- Meeting time change? (all)
- Review of recent issues and pull requests:
- Review of recent discussion on the GlueX Software Help List (all)
- Action Item Review (all)
Present: Alex Austregesilo, Thomas Britton, Mark Dalton, Sean Dobbs, Mark Ito (chair), Igal Jaegle, Naomi Jarvis, David Lawrence, Susan Schadmand, Simon Taylor, Nilanga Wickramaarachchi, Beni Zihlmann
There is a recording of his meeting on the BlueJeans site. Use your JLab credentials to authenticate.
- MCwrapper 2.5.0 released Thomas noted the two major new features with this release: (a) a new hook for an event generator post-processing step and (b) support for the new VERTEX card for hdgeant/hdgeant4.
- version_4.21.0.xml and version_4.21.1.xml These came out early last week.
- recon-launch-compatible version sets These version sets use the simulation releases in version set 4.21.1.
- New version set: version_4.21.2.xml This version set from last Friday has changes to halld_recon desired for the upcoming reconstruction launch.
- New tagged builds of NPP software: halld_recon npp_1.1 and halld_sim npp_1.1 Public builds of Neutral-Pion-Polarizability-relevant branches.
- Group disk clean up All of these builds forced some clean-up.
- Monitoring Launch 2019-11 ver12 complete The email says it all.
- Various analysis & QOL improvements Sean called our attention to this pull request from last week. hd_root should run a lot quieter now.
- We asked David to look into improving (or eliminating) the warning messaged printed when geometry items are not found. In many of these cases, the mere attempt to see if a structure is present in the geometry, a required step, triggers the warning from JANA when it is not found. This is expected for some runs. Sean has the details on what we need and will consult with David offline.
- Mark D. reported that he has collected a list of distracting messages that he would like to see eliminated. Sean asked to run the latest master branch and if any of the messages are still there, submit an issue to the halld_recon GitHub site.
- David announced that Nathan Brei has started porting halld_recon to run under JANA 2.0. The effort is proceeding on a branch and discussion on the conversion with this group is anticipated.
Review of Minutes from the Last Software Meeting
We did an abbreviated review of the minutes from May 26.
Beni has complete an energy calibration of the Time-of-Flight and entered the constants into the CCDB. He now reports the energy deposition in each layer of the TOF separately where before only an average was reported.
This is a part of addressing halld_sim Issue #128, Energy deposition in TOF mismatch in data & MC. Sean pointed out that the MC end of this comparison may need work.
Meeting time change?
In light of the 4 o'clock meetings of Hall D technical and scientific staff to prepare the Hall for running, we will meet at 3:00 pm going forward. The same goes for the HDGeant4 meeting. This meeting was not able to get through all of the agenda for this reason.