GlueX Offline Meeting, June 11, 2014
GlueX Offline Software Meeting
Wednesday, June 11, 2014
1:30 pm EDT
JLab: CEBAF Center F326/327
- CCDB 1.01
- REST file transfers from UConn done (Mark I.)
- Review of minutes from the last meeting (all)
- Specifying Alternate Versions of Calibration Constants in JANA (Mark I.)
- CCDB Schema Changes in Version 1.00 (Mark I.)
- Reconstruction of EVIO Data (David)
- BCAL Truth (all)
- To join via Polycom room system go to the IP Address: 18.104.22.168 (bjn.vc) and enter the meeting ID: 292649009.
- To join via a Web Browser, go to the page https://bluejeans.com/292649009.
- To join via phone, use one of the following numbers and the Conference ID: 292649009
- US or Canada: +1 408 740 7256 or
- US or Canada: +1 888 240 2560
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2014-2Q on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2014-2Q/ .
- CMU: Will Levine, Paul Mattione, Curtis Meyer
- FSU: Aristeidis Tsaris
- IU: Kei Moriya
- JLab: Mark Ito (chair), David Lawrence, Simon Taylor
- MIT: Justin Stevens
- NU Sean Dobbs
- UofR: Tegan Beattie, Zisis Papandreou
- A minor-version-change release of CCDB is now available, ccdb_1.01. It incorporates David's recent change to treat row-wise one-dimensional constants sets the same as column-wise ones.
- Data Challenge 2 REST file transfer from UConn to JLab is complete. All files have been archived to tape. There were issues with multi-stream transfers with the SRM, so only single stream was used throughout. The suspicion is that the problem is due to small file sizes. Transfers from Northwestern are next. The Computer Center has opened up the requisite ports.
- Zisis commented on the state of the software getting-started documentation on the wiki. We all acknowledged that this is problem. In particular he pointed out that new students' progress is impeded by a lack of clear direction in installing the GlueX software. This must be advanced in priority by this group.
Review of Minutes from the Last Meeting
We went over the minutes from the May 28th meeting.
- Simon has changed the code to get the parameter for the minimum number of hits on a track candidate from a JANA configuration parameter. Formerly it was hard-wired at 6.
- Curtis reminded us that we would like to have some kind track quality information, other than chi-squared, for example the number of "missing" hits, included in the REST output.
Specifying Alternate Versions of Calibration Constants in JANA
Mark led the group through his wiki page, based on an email from Dmitry. At the last meeting Justin had asked for guidance on this subject.
CCDB Schema Changes in Version 1.00
We looked at another of Mark's wiki pages, describing the relationship between database schema versions and software version. Again the presentation was based on an email from Dmitry.
Reconstruction of EVIO Data
David brought us up-to-date on the status of doing reconstruction with EVIO data derived from simulation output. See his his slides for details. Topics covered:
- EVIO vs. HDDM
- Converting HDDM to EVIO
- Translation tables
- Configuration parameters for the rawevent plugin
- Reading EVIO data into DANA
- Configuration Parameters for the DAQ plugin
- Still to do
We are very close to having a functional system to go from simulated HDDM to EVIO to reconstruction. The only piece missing now is EVIO data as it will appear from the CAEN TDCs.
Will explained in more detail the mystery he sees in the simulation output (scroll down to the attachment) that is likely responsible for a late tail in the BCAL time distributions for pions. He sees a pion interact in the BCAL and
3.5 ns after the pion dies, in the exact same location as the pion death, a proton is "born". In addition to this proton, 3 other protons, 1 neutron, and 1 pion are also "born" at the exact same moment and location.
We did not come up with an explanation for this. Zisis noted that the output looks like it comes from GEISHA. Irina Semenova may be able to help us with this; Zisis will ask her about it.