BCAL Reconstruction Meeting 2014-05-06
Video Conferencing Information
Meeting Time: 11:15 a.m. EDT
- To join via a Web Browser, go to the page  https://bluejeans.com/864234788.
- To join via Polycom room system go to the IP Address: 22.214.171.124 (bjn.vc) and enter the meeting ID: 864234788.
- To join via phone, use one of the following numbers and the Conference ID: 864234788.
- US or Canada: +1 408 740 7256 or
- US or Canada: +1 888 240 2560
- More information on connecting to bluejeans is available.
Participant Direct Lines
- JLab Phone: in CC F326 is 757-269-6460 (usual room)
- JLab Phone in CC L207 is 757-269-7084
- Phone in the Regina Video-conference Suite is 306-585-4204
- Introduce FPGA timing algorithm to derive hit times from fADC
- "Curvature effect": incorporate Andrei's and Irina's parametrization of this effect into the KLOE and IU codes and establish that this closes the gap in cluster handling between the two codes. (Andrei/Irina)
- Start developing BDT variables for cluster handling in the BCAL Reconstruction. (Tegan)
- Constants in code should be transferred to database; list of parameters for ccdb storage.
- Action Items
- Any other business
Attendees: David L. (JLab), Will L. (CMU), Andrei, Tegan, Zisis (Regina)
- Reconstruction Status Quo - Part II (Will).
- The simple cuts implemented by Will have not been checked in; only available in his repository. How should Tegan proceed? Perhaps by getting Will's code, but we will figure this out at a later date.
- Slide 1 at theta=20 deg wtih blue: starts clustering, green: hits that match, red: hits that don't match.
- There is a systematic energy shift to lower values. We need to correct the "correction" in the code.
- There is a systematic time shift (corresponding to ~1cm) that is small and does not appear to affect the results significantly.
- Timing resolution is too good; needs more smearing.
- There was discussion on whether the "shower curvature" is one of the first priorities. AS mentioned that without them we lose the collection of some of the "charge" resulting in bigger fluctuations that affects the width of the resolutions.
- Can we do real physics analysis with photons in the final state? We are close.
- What needs to be inserted into Paul M's packages?
- pi0 gun: how do the above shifts affect it. IU ugrads are working on channels with photons, using combinatorics to fit/reconstruction pi0s.
- Calibration will be handled in Jana. It is stalled right now until manpower can be found.
- Start with normal processing of the cluster.
- Draw expected z-windows (curvature needs to be handled).
- Redo clustering
- Issues: how to "smear" to get reasonable detector resolution, how to handle multiple showers.
- Hadron Tails: pi vs p discrimination. Slow particles in hadronic showers are a big issue for PID. Some simulations are needed.
- FADC action item will be removed from the Action Items above.
- Next meeting: assign above talks to persons.