Run Coordination Meetings: Fall 2014
Daily Meetings, 8:45am, Hall D conference room. Held by the Run Coordinator. Present Run Coordinator: Alexandre Deur
To connect from the outside by phone please do the following
2.) To join via Polycom room system go to the IP Address: 22.214.171.124 (bjn.vc) and enter the meeting ID: 660743227.
3.) To join via phone, use one of the following numbers and the Conference ID: 660743227.
4.) The moderator code is 8394
Dial Either +1 408 740 7256 or +1 888 240 2560 for US or Canada
Specific instructions for connecting from JLab's Hall D conference room:
- Turn polycon on if necessary (do it before turning the computer on)
- With the polycon, place a call at 126.96.36.199
- Press # to enable the polycom keypad, then enter the meeting id: 660743227 and #
- You may have to unmute the microphone: #*4
- Turn the computer on if needed
Meeting General Agenda
Sept. 23rd 2014 meeting
- Report relevant updates from 7:50 and 8:00 daily MCC meetings:
- Accelerator schedule:
- The most optimistic plan, for which there will be beam in the injector on Oct. 6th-9th, seems to become more probable.
- The Hall will be closed today, Sept 23rd at 3:45pm until 23pm for PSS work.
- Accelerator schedule:
- Report on yesterday Hall D related events
- Hot Check OUT Status
- Installation punch list (items in red: must by Oct 6th ; Blue: Done by 2nd Fall run; Green: Nice to have it
The wire is installed. Tom measured the wire diameter without insulation to be 200 microns.
Chamber is closed and under vacuum, leak-checked and ready to go.
- Pair spectrometer detector - Positioned on the stand. Survey is still ongoing today for the high granularity detector. Low granularity is done.
- Profile monitors -
The two profilers are now installed. The upstream profiler (collimator cave) is reconnected.
- Software development in progress
- Active collimator -
Cables are terminated and in the Hall. All hardware work is completed.
- firmware and software work ongoing. Working on the plexiglas shield.
- Target/Start Counter -
The light leaks of the SC are largely fixed. SC is mounted back.
- Tagger shielding - Not proceeding smoothly due to lack of appropriate tools. Will be ready. Alternate plans are available.
Pair Spectrometer Magnet remote control - Control is now working. Hysteresis procedure will be done by hand.
- Pair Spectrometer Magnet Field readout Hall probe is here and will be installed by Wes. We should have a field reading for the commissioning.
- Pair Spectrometer detector: finishing today. </strike>
1st profiler surveyed.Downstream profiler near beam dump to be surveyed at the end of the week.
- Start counter: Survey should be done by the end of the day.
- FCal: Tomorrow
- CDC: Should be surveyed tomorrow, after the SC.
- Vacuum - On schedule
- Amorphous Radiators - FSD switch is working. Cable was run this morning. It will be wired in the FSD today or tomorrow.
- Halo Counter - They are assembled now. Ready to be installed and connected to the cables (the cables are already there).
- Microscope - Now inside the tagger Hall with its electronics crate. Tests must be completed by Oct 3rd. Fibers will be lowered today. Then Tom will see into positioning it (there are some physical interferences with the hodoscope)
Tagger crates - Can now been readout.
- Hodoscope checks - Nathan will test the detectors and electronics with DAQ. Alex S. is bringing him up to speed on the DAQ. 70 (out of ~200) counters have been checked directly with a scope. Nathan will continue to check the rest of them. 4 out of 70 counters have problems (not responsive) and need to be fixed.
- Radiation monitors - The gamma probe in the collimator is installed. Readout gui to be made. The 2 gamma and the 1 neutron probes are in the Tagger Hall. About 30 min of work left. Waiting for the final positioning and shielding of the microscope before finalizing the work.
- 2nd sweep magnet. (2nd collimator aperture) - not required for Fall run.
- Specific safety notice (from Tom/Tim/Mark):