Run Coordination Meetings: Fall 2014
Daily Meetings, 8:45am, Hall D conference room. Held by the Run Coordinator.
To connect from the outside by phone please do the following
2.) To join via Polycom room system go to the IP Address: 22.214.171.124 (bjn.vc) and enter the meeting ID: 660743227.
3.) To join via phone, use one of the following numbers and the Conference ID: 660743227.
4.) The moderator code is 8394
Dial Either +1 408 740 7256 or +1 888 240 2560 for US or Canada
Specific instructions for connecting from JLab's Hall D conference room:
- Turn polycon on if necessary (do it before turning the computer on)
- With the polycon, place a call at 126.96.36.199
- Press # to enable the polycom keypad, then enter the meeting id: 660743227 and #
- You may have to unmute the microphone: #*4
- Turn the computer on if needed
Meeting General Agenda
Sept. 19th 2014 meeting
- Report relevant updates from 7:50 and 8:00 daily MCC meetings:
- Accelerator schedule:
- most optimistic plan is to get beam in the injector on Oct. 6th.
- They are still investigating the cold box vacuum problem. Cold box has been warmed up.
- The Hall will be closed on Tuesday, Sept 23rd at 3:45pm for PSS work. It is likely to remain closed during the evening.
- Accelerator schedule:
- Report on yesterday Hall D related events
- Hot Check OUT Status
- Installation punch list (items in red: must by Sept 22nd ; Blue: Done by 2nd Fall run; Green: Nice to have it
- Pair converter
The wire is installed. Tom measured the wire diameter without insulation to be 200 microns.
- Chamber is closed but not under vacuum yet vacuum.
- Pair converter
- Pair spectrometer detector - Positioned on the stand. Survey is still ongoing today.
- Profile monitors - The two profilers are now installed. The upstream profiler (collimator cave) was reconnected yesterday.
- Active collimator - Trent is terminating the cables. The will be brought in today. All hardware work is complete and firmware and software work remain.
- Target/Start Counter - The light leaks of the SC are largely fixed. It will be mounted back today and be surveyed on Monday or Tuesday.
- Tagger shielding - to be installed next week or the week after, depending on the accelerator schedule. Will be mounted as later as possible.
- Pair Spectrometer Magnet remote control - Hovanes met yesterday with accelerator (Gary). Control is now working. Need to make the (improper) default hysteresis procedure unaccessible in our gui. Hysteresis procedure will be done by hand.
- Pair Spectrometer Magnet Field readout Hall probe is here and will be installed by Wes. We should have a field reading for the commissioning.
- Profiler: 1st profiler surveyed. Downstream profiler near beam dump to be surveyed next week or later depending on the accelerator schedule.
- Start counter: Monday or Tuesday,
- FCal: Next week
- Pair Spectrometer detector: finishing today.
- Pair Spectrometer Harp: Need to be resurveyed. Should be done today if time allows.
- CDC: next week.
- Vacuum - On schedule
- Amorphous Radiators - Will be put on FSD by Oct. 1st. FSD switch is working. Although FSD is accelerator responsibility, Hall D need to do the cabling (24V copper cable. About 200 feet). Hovanes is looking into it.
- Halo Counter - They are assembled now. Will be tested on Monday 22nd.
- Microscope - Now insdie the tagger Hall with its electronics crate. Tests must be completed by Oct 3rd.
- Tagger crates - readout being checked. Alex S. measured the trigger delay, which is too late. Working on a solution.
- Hodoscope checks - Nathan will test the detectors and electronics with DAQ. Alex S. is bringing him up to speed on the DAQ. A few counters should be checked directly with a scope.
- Radiation monitors - The gamma probe in the collimator is installed. Readout gui to be made. The 2 gamma and the 1 neutron probes are in the Tagger Hall. About 30 min of work left. Waiting for the final positioning and shielding of the microscope before finalizing the work.
- 2nd sweep magnet. (2nd collimator aperture) - not required for Fall run.
- Specific safety notice (from Tom/Tim/Mark):