GlueX TOF Meeting, March 28, 2013
GlueX TOF Meeting
Thursday, March 28, 2013
10:00 am EDT
JLab: CEBAF Center, F326/327
- Review of last TOF bi-weekly meeting
- Re-cap of readiness review: all
- Construction news
- Invoicing changes and status
- Installation plan and document
- ESNet: 8542553
- SeeVogh: SeeVogh site
- Go to http://esnet.readytalk.com
- In the "join a meeting" box enter the Hall D code: 3421244
- Fill in the participant registration form.
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2013-1Q on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2013-1Q/ .
- FSU: Maurizio Bertoldi, Paul Eugenio, Sasha Ostrovidov
- JLab: Chuck Hutton, Mark Ito (chair), Beni Zihlmann
Tour at FSU
The mini-TOF will be the centerpiece of a tour of the facilities at FSU for the department chair and one of the deans of the university.
- FSU is looking at expanding their test jig to accomodate five modules rather than the three originally planned.
- In two weeks there will be three new modules, in addition to those in the mini-TOF, that can be put into the test jig and have their performance evaluated.
- The scintillator testing has been interrupted due to shipment in a non-transparent wrapping, unlike the first articles. The plan is re-wrap the scintillator in a transparent protective wrapping that FSU has on hand. The roll was obtained from Eljen some time ago.
- Maurizio is redesigning the stand for holding modules during testing.
- The Shop has been asked to produce three more PMT gluing clamps.
Readiness Review Items
- FSU is planning to add formal inspections to the procedures, after gluing of the light guides to the scintillator and after gluing the PMTs to the lights, to assess the success of those operations.
- Paul is following up with the University on adding details to the invoicing that we discussed at the readiness review.
Assembly and Installation
We discussed the need to start forming a detailed plan for storing the modules on their arrival at JLab, putting the TOF together on its support structure and testing of the modules here. Chuck will also mention these issues to Tim Whitlatch.
Flash ADC for FSU
We will ask Fernando to ship a Flash-250 to FSU for use in tests. They already have a VXS crate there, on loan from the Lab. Beni noted that they will also need a level-translator board and a special cable combination to be able to accept an external trigger.