The following information is from Marty Wise as of June 11, 2009:
- The web server called halldweb1 runs on a physical machine that is shared with several other web servers. It uses its own IP address, but shares the system with several other (small) web servers. It is running:
- System daemon commands:
- MySQL is started / stopped with /etc/init.d/halldweb1.mysql [start | stop]
- Tomcat with /etc/init.d/halldweb1.tomcat [start | stop]
- Apache with /etc/init.d/webserver halldweb1 [start | stop]
- Note that on the apache command line, if you omit the “halldweb1” parameter, you will affect all the web servers running on the system.
- The physical system it is running on is web19. Web19 will likely be converted to a VM using an automated process fairly soon. The individual web servers running on it are gradually being moved to independent VMs and upgraded to new RHEL/Apache, etc.