PS Rate Monitor
- The online rate monitor allows one to display PSC and PS counter rates computed using fadc and CTP scalers.
- The monitor can be started in a stand alone mode, i.e., without running DAQ. Trigger and baseline settings
- are taken from the default PS/PSC configuration files, which are also used for the DAQ.
- The monitor can be started from the hdops account using the following command:
- On the main GUI screen select scalers update time using Update Timer window and press Start button.
- The coincidence rate between two detector arms for the PS and PSC are displayed in "CTP rate" plots and
- also printed in "Coincidence rate" windows. The coincidence rates are also sent to EPICS.
- The photon energy spectrum computed by CTP in the PS crate is shown in "Photon Energy" window. The spectrum is
- not acceptance corrected (the acceptance correction will be applied after PS calibration).
- To stop the monitor, use
- In case of problems, try to restart the monitor
- Important: don't restart the monitor when DAQ is running with the PS and PSC crates. The monitor server
- reinitializes fadc/ctp and can screw up the DAQ at this stage.