July 12, 2018 DIRC
GlueX DIRC Meeting
Thursday July 12, 2018
10:00 am, EDT
JLab room F326
Connection Using Bluejeans
- To join via Polycom room system go to the IP Address: 220.127.116.11 (bjn.vc) and enter the meeting ID: 846453895.
- To join via a Web Browser, go to the page  https://bluejeans.com/846453895 .
- To join via phone, use one of the following numbers and the Conference ID: 846453895
- US or Canada: +1 408 740 7256 or
- US or Canada: +1 888 240 2560
- More information on connecting to bluejeans is available.
- Documentation wiki page DIRC
- Bar box transportation and installation: plans for a writeup? (Matt, et al.)
- Optical box
- Water quality plan (Tim, et al.)
- Fabrication status update (Ernie and Jason)
- Box production at Lesker: First box delivered to Bates!
- Window procurement: delivery date to JLab?
- Assembly sequence and testing plans at Bates
- DIRC BBox Split Flange Seal (Jim/Tim)
- PMT test fixture and cookies (Maria)
- Dark box design: Air flow considerations and plan:
- The power dissipated by each module is ~4 Watts, so the total in one optical box enclosure would be ~144 W.
- Maintain temperature < 50 C inside the box to keep local FPGA temperatures < 80 C
- Uniform flow over electronics boards (Jason)
- Installation schedule discussion:
- Cabling and DAQ integration
- Cabling strategy (Tim, Fernando)
- Installation of VXS crate and SSP modules by next week, with initial integration into DAQ to follow by Sasha and Sergei.
- Simulation studies (Maria and Roman)
- Writeup of LUT algorithm provided by Maria
- Implementation of reconstruction in PID library underway (Justin)
- MAPMT testing and Alignment Simulation(Bill and Andrew )
- Magnetic field test (delayed by access to laser setup)
- Commissioning plans
- Need a dedicated meeting to discuss commissioning strategy and status of simulation and reconstruction framework
- Proposal: First meeting next week on Wednesday, please fill out Doodle poll
- Reminder: Addressing ERR review recommendations
- Recommendations pertaining to Fall 2018 DIRC commissioning should be addressed by August 20 (close of Hall D for beam)