January 30, 2007 Software
- Review minutes from January 16, 2007 Software meeting
- Background rate questions (Richard)
- Charged particle tracking (David)
Attendees: David L.(chair), Elliott W, Simon T. Mark I., Elke A., Eugene C., Alex D., Elton S. One the phone: Richad J., Zisis P., Mijahlo K., Franz K.
Background rate questions
Richard walked us through some of the answers he has generated to questions raised during the presentation of Matt's background rates study at the January 16, 2007 Software meeting. His responses can be seen on the original Wiki page Matt used to present his findings. Richard's comments are in italics.
In addition to answering a few minor questions, a few bugs were fixed by Richard in the process. In particular:
- Layer 18 of the CDC was fixed
- Missing bars 41-44 of the TOF were fixed.
Richard also provided more information on radiation damage to the lead-glass blocks. Again, this can be found on the page with Matt's background rates study.
The issues still outstanding regarding the background rates are:
- How the dead spot in the FDC will be handled
- Start counter
- Additional layers in CDC?
- Radiation damage to lead-glass
Charged particle tracking
David showed some plots with the latest charged particle tracking results. It was discovered after the meeting that several of the plots were generated from data that had multple scattering turned off. The presentation page has been updated to indicate this (the plots were not changed, only an informational message added).
Among the plots shown are some that compare tracks that were swum using hdgeant and fit with the current Newton-Raphson stlye fitter with some produced by the momres program. Due to limitations of momres these tracks were 90o tracks coming out from the target and going through the CDC only (no FDC). The materials included the target, start counter, and CDC. The momres results were produced by Elton and documented in the upcoming GlueX-Doc-742.
- Freezing tags in subversion through hooks (David)
- Put tarballs of external packages on Wiki(David)
- SVN web interface for browsing change logs (David)
- Design and implement exception and logging scheme for JANA
- Discuss integration issues
- Experiment with shared pointers