JEF meeting, January 7, 2022
Meeting time and location
- 9:30 am EST (JLab time) remote only
- Zoom meeting ID: 161 050 9142 Passcode: 004965
- Bluejeans backup: https://bluejeans.com/992533564
- SICCAS crystals
- Module fabrication
- Light Monitoring System
- COMCAL tests, TAC running, etc.
- Data analysis
Attendees: Igal, Arshak, Tegan, Olga, Susan, Sasha, Bill, Azizah, Liping, Jon, Jane, Zisis, S.T.
- Sasha had email exchange with SICCAS late last year; plan to meet next week to get update
- Sasha working on inventory for module construction; plan to resume module construction
- Plan to follow up with Patrizia regarding help from detector support group
- Tim's group busy with CPP but Chris A. will have time to work on brazing
- Final layout from PMT divider from Fernando; plan for tests in the lab soon
- Fernando currently looking for appropriate HV and LV connectors-- prototype in 2-3 weeks?
- Sasha working on paperwork for GWU and UNCW
- COMCAL has been moved from platform in hall
- Will be reinstalled for PrimEx (after CPP run, but during CPP might be opportunity to test new PMT divider design)
- Arshak will work on LMS (need to choose design: plexiglas plate a la FCAL or fibers?)
- Tegan looked at efficiency for single photon reconstruction using island algorithm as function of angle and photon energy
- Dip at 4 degrees seen for 1 GeV photons but not higher energy photons
- Efficiency in lead glass region (>5 degrees) is noticeably lower than in the insert region
- Suspicion is that this due to conversions in the material in between target and FCAL
- Igal gave an update on η→π0γγ analysis
- Applied TOF veto (by looking for FCAL-TOF matches for clusters and TOF points not already associated with tracks): this reduces the 2γ peaking background
- Maybe MVA not needed if veto applied?
- Need to define better FOM?