HDGeant4 Meeting, July 14, 2020
Tuesday, July 14, 2020
3:00 pm EDT
BlueJeans: 968 592 007
- Review of minutes from the last meeting (all)
- New release?
- Issues on GitHub
- Pull Requests on GitHub
- Action Item Review
Present: Alex Austregesilo, Sean Dobbs, Colin Gleason, Mark Ito (chair), Igal Jaegle, Naomi Jarvis, Richard Jones, Susan Schadmand, Simon Taylor, Nilanga Wickramaarachchi
There is a recording of this meeting on the BlueJeans site. Use your JLab credentials to get access.
Review of minutes from the last meeting
Mark D. explained the need for a new release of HDGeant4 and version sets, compatible with recon launches, that include such a release. Alex argued for updates of halld_recon (for the upcoming recon launch) and gluex_root_analysis (for PID updates). Richard requested new halld_recon (for REST changes) and halld_sim (for updated TOF treatment in mcsmear). Mark I. agreed to generate the requested version sets.
Issues on GitHub
We went over the issues.
- Issue #159 Energy deposition in TOF mismatch in data & MC can be closed now. Sean will take care of that.
- Issue #111 Difference in Acceptance between G3 and G4 remains open. Colin will continue to look at this one.
- Occasionally, HDGeant4 will complain about particle propagation not being able to find the normal to a surface that is about to be crossed, a situation that should never happen. Richard has tracked it down to spiraling low energy electrons at the entrance to the BCAL and the DIRC. He is looking into the cause and a solution.
- Richard is thinking about putting together a website with weekly runs of the particle gun for a variety of single particle events, at various angles and energies, presented via the standard monitoring histograms, to track performance of HDGeant4 as the master branch evolves in time.
Action Item Review
- Try out the bcal_nolight_heavy_rtj branch (to answer questions raised in Issue #111). (Colin)
- Track down the missing normals in the BCAL and DIRC. (Richard)