GlueX Target Meeting, July 12, 2011
Tuesday, July 12, 2011
1:00 pm EST
JLab: CEBAF Center, Room F228
- Review minutes from previous meeting: all
- Target Work Reports: all
- MOU status: Mark and Rory
To connect by telephone:
- US and Canada: (866)740-1260 (toll free)
- International: (303)248-0285 (toll call) or look up toll-free number at http://www.readytalk.com/intl
- enter access code followed by the # sign: 3421244#
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2011-3Q on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2011-3Q/ .
- JLab: Hovanes Egiyan, Jim Fochtman, Mark Ito, Tim Whitlatch (chair), Elliott Wolin
- UMass: Rory Miskimen
We spent most of the meeting reviewing various aspects of drawings Jim produced of the target, start counter, and refrigerator.
- To get started Jim talked to Chris Keith and started from a 3-D drawing that Chuck had done a couple of years ago.
- Jim will send out the set of drawings to the halld-target email list.
- The condenser has been moved much closer to the target cell than in previous designs. The current system is designed for hydrogen and deuterium; it cannot cool the target cell to liquid helium temperatures, although the refrigerator itself can reach those temperatures, by design.
- We need to start getting mechanical design details from Werner for the the start counter. It must be integrated with the other components in this region.
- We would like to buy the refrigerator at the beginning of FY12. That means we need to have a PR written in a month or so.
The MOU has gone through the concurrence change at the Lab and was sent to Rory for signatures. Mark will also send Rory the Word document in case there are changes that need to be made.