GlueX TOF Meeting, September 27, 2017
GlueX Time-of-Flight Meeting
Wednesday, September 27, 2017
11:00 am EDT
JLab: CEBAF Center, Room L102
- Review of minutes from the previous meeting
- Calibration Status
- Time Calibration
- Energy Calibration
- PMT testing
- Active dividers
- Counter reconfiguration
- NIM Paper (Paul)
- Meeting Room/Time
- Action Item Recap
- The BlueJeans Meeting number is 350 531 998.
- Enter BlueJeans Meeting
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2017 on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2017/ .
- FSU: Paul Eugenio, Sasha Ostrovidov
- JLab: Thomas Britton, Mark Ito (chair), Beni Zihlmann
There is a recording of this meeting on the BlueJeans site.
Paul reported that the high-voltage crate and ADC, shipped from JLab, arrived at FSU last week.
Review of minutes from the previous meeting
We reviewed the minutes from the meeting on August 22.
- Beni updated the global offset for the TOF that fixed the 300 ps offset in tTOF−tRF that Paul Mattione had reported as of the last meeting.
- Beni finished the calibration pass on the the data to fix the offset in the times of the TDCs relative to corresponding ADC time. These constants have now been put into the CCDB. Previously these tables were filled by Sean using Mike Staib's method.
- Beni updated the calibration document to reflect the use of amplitudes in the walk correction, the measurement and correction of the "300 ps" global shift, and the ADC vs. TDC timing calibration.
With the arrival of the equipment mentioned above, Sasha is planning on starting testing next week. He has some preliminary software for the new ADC. Paul told us that they have undergraduate students ready to help with the job.
Paul will give a talk at the collaboration meeting on this subject, including work planning and costs.
On a related note, we agreed to discuss the collaboration meeting agenda further offline in the coming days.
Not a lot of progress has been made. Mark repeated his offer to gather materials and place them in the proper Git repository.
We decided to move the meeting one hour earlier, to 10 am every other Wednesday. Mark will reserve a room.