GlueX TOF Meeting, November 7, 2018
GlueX Time-of-Flight Meeting
Wednesday, November 7, 2018
10:00 am EST
JLab: CEBAF Center, Room F226
BlueJeans Meeting number is 350 531 998
- Review of minutes from the October 24 meeting
- Calibration Status
- Lucite Shield Geometry
- Upgrade Plan
- NIM Paper (Paul)
- Action Item Recap
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2018 on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2018/ .
- FSU: Sasha Ostrovidov
- JLab: Ashley Ernst, Mark Ito (chair), Simon Taylor, Beni Zihlmann
There is a recording of this meeting on the BlueJeans site. Use your JLab credentials to access it.
Review of minutes from the October 24 meeting
We went over the minutes.
- Tomorrow will be the inaugural meeting of the PID working group at 10 am.
- The problem with the signal with strange baseline noise was a loose signal cable.
- Sasha pointed out that one motivation from going from upgrade Option #2 to #3 is that in Option #2, the notched out counter would go from a rate of 1.0 MHz to 1.8 MHz. Option #3 avoids this problem.
Ashley reported that she is still getting problems with time difference fits converging. In the sample she showed at the last meeting, 28% of the counters did not produce fits. That was with 4 files. She repeated the exercise on a run with 77 files and still gets a 5% failure rate.
Beni has produced ROOT files with all files from each run added together. He will send the location to Ashley.
Lucite Shield Geometry
Ashley has created a private version of HDDS with the shield geometry she got from Thomas. She is still missing material information for HDPE and Lucite.
She is also having trouble getting HDGeant4 to run. She will meet with Mark to try and resolve the problem.
Ashley will contact Paul to make sure that the rates he reported at a previous collaboration meeting correspond to the arrangement presently in the Hall.