GlueX TOF Meeting, November 6, 2019
GlueX Time-of-Flight Meeting
Wednesday, November 6, 2019
10:00 am EST
JLab: CEBAF Center, Room F226
BlueJeans: 350 531 998
- Review of minutes from the last meeting
- Upgrade Status
- Module Survey (Beni)
- Software Issues
- TOF NIM paper
- Action Item Recap
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2019 on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2019/ .
- FSU: Jason Barlow, Edmundo Barrow, Sasha Ostrovidov
- JLab: Mark Ito (chair), Simon Taylor
There is a recording of this meeting on the BlueJeans site. Use your JLab credentials to access it.
- Sasha announced that the new PMTs from Hamamatsu came in to FSU. There are 23 of them.
- Mark announced that the run starts in 2.5 weeks.
Review of Minutes from the October 23 Meeting
We went over the minutes
- Mark has discussed EPICS labeling of the new TOF channel scheme with Hovanes.
- Justin Stevens is working on the translation tables for the new DIRC channels. When he is done he will work work Mark to get the new TOF translation tables set up. Recall that Mark has the raw channel info already.
- The testing section of the NIM paper is 80% done. It need figures and references. Sasha has been consulting with Paul Eugenio to decide what activities should be included or not.
- Mark reported that a new build with all of the geometry updates from Sean has been done and announced.
- Beni Zilhmann and Mark still have to work on a backup scheme for the NIM paper.
- The survey of markers on the front face of the TOF has been done and the results reported. We will need Beni to help us interpret the results.
- Sasha suggested that we go through the turn-on-HV-channel-by-channel exercise to verify cabling and translation tables.
TOF Section of the GlueX NIM paper
Beni completed the contribution to the GlueX NIM paper. Elton Smith has combined it with Mark's contributions for the Start Counter into an integrated section. There remains some cosmetic work needed on the figures.
Action Item Recap
- Interpret the recent survey.
- Review the combined TOF/ST section of the GlueX NIM paper and upgrade figures.
- Finish the testing section of the TOF NIM paper.
- Backup the TOF NIM paper.
- Write the translation tables for the upgraded TOF.
- Flesh out commissioning of the upgraded TOF.