GlueX TOF Meeting, March 4, 2011
Friday, March 4, 2011
2:00 pm EST
JLab: CEBAF Center, Room L207
- Minutes from the last meeting
- Prototype Status 
- Support/Installation Concept
- Contract Status
- US and Canada: (866)740-1260 (toll free)
- International: (303)248-0285 (toll call) or look up toll-free number at http://www.readytalk.com/intl
- enter access code followed by the # sign: 3421244#
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2011-1Q on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2011-1Q/ .
- FSU: Sasha Ostrovidov
- JLab: Mark Ito (chair), Elton Smith, Simon Taylor, Tim Whitlatch, Beni Zihlmann
Review of minutes from the last meeting
We reviewed the minutes of the February 18th meeting.
- Sasha asked Beni what he did to get the 41 ps intrinsic resolution with the F1 TDC. Beni did his test putting two versions of the same signal into different channels of the TDC. Sasha will try this.
- Sasha is waiting for a 25 ps least count TDC from CAEN to arrive.
- Geometry. We had a rather meandering discussion of how best to arrange the TOF counters. Options on the table include:
- Widening the counters from 6 cm to 8 cm to allow PMT's to be in a collinear arrangement.
- Shifting alternate counters (in z) enough to allow straight light guides.
- Collinear counters with curved light guides to avoid interference between PMT's from neighboring counters.
Sasha showed several plots of time differences from the prototype, both from the counter under test and trigger counters. Some of them exhibit strange multiple peaks. We will ship another TDC to FSU in parallel with continued efforts to understand what is going on.
We looked at a slide, from nearly two years ago, of the concept of supporting the TOF. This is still the "current" concept.
Mark has started on an Advanced Procurement Plan (APP), a schedule for putting the construction contract into place. Elton's Fastrack schedule will provide input.