GlueX TOF Meeting, March 13, 2019
GlueX Time-of-Flight Meeting
Wednesday, March 13, 2019
1:30 pm EDT (non-standard time)
JLab: CEBAF Center, Room F226
BlueJeans Meeting number is 350 531 998
- Review of minutes from the February 27 meeting
- Upgrade Plan
- TOF-IRD - P. Eugenio
- NIM Paper (Paul)
- Action Item Recap
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2019 on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2019/ .
- FSU: Edmundo, Paul Eugenio, Jason, Sasha Ostrovidov, Ian Winger
- JLab: Thomas Britton, Ashley Ernst, Mark Ito (chair), Simon Taylor, Tim Whitlatch, Stephanie Worthington, Beni Zihlmann
There is a recording of this meeting on the BlueJeans site. Use your JLab credentials to access it.
Review of minutes from the February 27 meeting
We went over the minutes. Thomas will present results from the Machine Learning system he has developed for recognizing good and bad TOF monitoring histograms. Ashley performed the labeling of the plots.
Paul gave a comprehensive view of the upgrade plan, including the final geometry, design tasks, enumeration of work items, and schedule. See his slides on the DocDB for the essential ideas. The secretary will not attempt to transcribe them here.
From the discussion:
- The thinking was that we could do the installation work in July and August. That would leave margin before November 1, the nominal start of the run.
- We have enough modules already to accommodate the extra channels needed. More cables will have to be fabricated, HV and signal. Splitters will also have to be made. Ashley and Beni will go into the Hall and confirm this.
- Total cost is about $50k.
- Stephanie received STEP files today and will review the design.
- There are TOF assembly/installation written procedures.
- Paul would like to have some sort of shelving or storage space for the new modules and old modules in the Hall during dis-assembly and re-assembly.
- It would be nice to have a project planning document.