GlueX TOF Meeting, June 19, 2019

From GlueXWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

GlueX Time-of-Flight Meeting
Wednesday, June 19, 2019
10:00 am
JLab: CEBAF Center, Room F226
BlueJeans: 350 531 998


  1. Announcements
  2. Review of minutes from the last meeting
  3. Upgrade Status
  4. Software Issues
  5. Action Item Recap


Talks can be deposited in the directory /group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2019 on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at .



  • JLab: Thomas Britton, Sean Dobbs, Ashley Ernst, Mark Ito (chair), Simon Taylor, Beni Zihlmann

Paul Eugenio was not able to join us. We meandered on to other non-construction-specific topics:

  • Sean will get together with Ashley to discuss the upcoming geometry changes and their interaction on the offline software. She should have the modified geometry ready in about two weeks.
  • Beni reported that Fernando Barbosa would like to label the additional cables needed in the Hall such that the currently existing cables do not have to have to be re-labeled. We had a discussion about how the new total set of cables should be deployed, both on the detector side and the electronics side. Sean told us that the software depends physically consecutive counters having consecutive indices (as one might expect). Mark pointed out that whatever is done in the Hall, the "consecutivity" in software can be accommodated by the translation table. We agreed that the scheme adopted in the Hall should the one that minimizes the amount of physical cable manipulation. We need a documented scheme that we can all agree on.