GlueX TOF Meeting, July 21, 2011
NOTE: new standard room, date, and time!
Thursday, July 21, 2011
10:00 am EDT
JLab: CEBAF Center, Room F326
- US and Canada: (866)740-1260 (toll free)
- International: (303)248-0285 (toll call) or look up toll-free number at http://www.readytalk.com/intl
- enter access code followed by the # sign: 3421244#
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2011-3Q on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2011-3Q/ .
- FSU: Paul Eugenio, Sasha Ostrovidov
- JLab: Eugene Chudakov, Chuck Hutton, Mark Ito (chair), Simon Taylor, Beni Zihlmann
- Ian Winger sent Chuck a 3-D drawing of the split light guides.
- Paul will be busy with his DOE annual for the next week or so.
- Three more light guides have been made from the UVT material.
- These will be compared to non-UVT versions.
- FSU Physics machine shop playing with procedure for fabrication.
- They are getting good finishes with the new bit.
- One light guide, was sent to Polymer Plastics for vapor polishing. It was due back this week.
- Paul has talked to folks at Eljen about how they do polishing
- Although vapor polishing will give good results, it is likely not better than hand polishing.
- Paul purchased got some polishing compounds to try.
- The Physics Department bought a new buffing station suitable for light guides.
- No testing with the new light guides has been done yet.
- Paul will send Chuck the dimenions of the steel tube.
Paul prepared a version of the statement of work, but the text was lost. Mark volunteered to write a draft.
Time-Walk Correction Tests
Sasha tried out the technique that Elton described in a recent note. See his plots for details. Cosmic data taken with prototype counters show some of the general features expected, but there is a non-Laudau distributed background in the sample that complicates the fits.