GlueX TOF Meeting, July 17, 2019
GlueX Time-of-Flight Meeting
Wednesday, July 17, 2019
JLab: CEBAF Center, Room F226
BlueJeans: 350 531 998
- Review of minutes from the last meeting
- Upgrade Status
- Software Issues
- Action Item Recap
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2019 on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2019/ .
- FSU: Paul Eugenio, Sasha Ostrovidov
- JLab: Mark Ito (chair), Simon Taylor, Tim Whitlatch
There is a recording of this meeting on the BlueJeans site. Use your JLab credentials to access it.
Review of minutes from the last meeting
We went over the minutes from the meeting on July 3.
- Channel labels on the TOF. Each channel in the Hall now has four matching labels to mark their previous location after dis-assembly:
- on the iron shields
- on the collars
- on the brackets
- on the frame
- previously only the iron shields had labels.
- PMT order. Mark ordered another 6 PMTs from Hamamatsu to bring the total order to 23.
Loose PMTs at JLab
Mark has made an inventory of PMTs at JLab, at least those that he could find. There are five new loose PMTs that can be used for the upgrade. There is also one on the test module in the Hall that could be recovered in a pinch.
Plan for Work in the Hall
Paul showed slides outlining the next steps in the Hall.
- He requested a particular orientation of the TOF on the floor when it gets dismounted.
- He gave a review of which modules will be removed and which ones installed.
- He outlined the plan for replacing PMTs
- 23 PMTs are needed beyond the batch of 25 new ones at FSU
- Default plan is to remove the PMTs from the full-length, full-width counters that will be taken out of the array. There are 8 of these for a yield 16 PMTs. There are the 5 loose ones at JLab. And there are 4 on the mini-TOF at FSU for a total of 25 PMTs.
The plan is to take down the TOF and put it on the floor on this coming Friday, Monday, or Tuesday depending on details of the crew's schedule. Paul will arrive in Newport News Tuesday night and head back on Friday with the PMTs as well as other construction tooling.
Other Construction Items
- The shipment of lumber for the construction of shipping crates arrived from Lowe's on Monday. There are foam insulation sheets that were out-of-stock for delivery that still need to be purchased.
- There is hardware for the brackets that JLab needs to order: bolts for the collars, set screws for holding the PMTs.
- Stephanie Worthington has the design for the beam-line hole box ready to go. She will send the drawings to Paul.
- We will not try to implement air light guides across the beam hole in this go-around.
- The last of the 4.5 cm long modules should be completed today.
- Mark needs to add 21 PMTs (16 from TOF I, 5 loose) to the loan agreement.