GlueX TOF Meeting, July 15, 2020
GlueX Time-of-Flight Meeting
Wednesday, July 15, 2020
10:00 am EDT
BlueJeans: 350 531 998
- Review of minutes from the last meeting
- Run Readiness
- TOF NIM paper
- Action Item Recap
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2020 on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2020/ .
Present: Mark Ito (chair), Sasha Ostrovidov, Susan Schadmand, Simon Taylor, Beni Zihlmann
Review of minutes from the last meeting
We went over the minutes from the July 1st meeting.
- Sasha has finished testing all of the 23 new PMTs. Recall that there is one problematic tube.
- Both of the issues on energy agreement between Monte Carlo and data on the GitHub repositories (one in halld_sim, one in hdgeant4) have been closed.
Beni showed plots of ADC pedestals, pulse amplitudes, pulse integrals, and time spectra for all TOF channels from a recent cosmic run. The pedestals had already been adjusted by hand to the four problem channels near the nominal 100 counts. There is a clear channel in a board (16 channels) visible both in the pulse integral and timing plots. Sascha Somov plans to replace that ADC today.
TOF NIM paper
We decided to set a deadline of September 1 for a review-able draft of the paper.
Action Item Recap
- Decide on when to ship PMTs to JLab from FSU (Mark, Paul Eugenio)
- Prepare a complete draft of the TOF NIM paper. (all)