GlueX TOF Meeting, January 27, 2015
GlueX Time-of-Flight Meeting
Tuesday, January 27, 2015
11:00 am EST
JLab: CEBAF Center F326/327
- Review of minutes from January 22
- Calibration Status
- Preparations for Spring Run
- The BlueJeans Meeting number is 350 531 998.
- Enter BlueJeans Meeting
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2015 on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2015/ .
- FSU: Brad Cannon, Sasha Ostrovidov, Aristeidis Tsaris
- JLab: Eugene Chudakov, Mark Ito (chair), Beni Zihlmann
Sasha gave the report.
- He is almost done with putting calibration constants into the TOF hit factory.
- He has been putting constants into a CCDB SQLite file. He need to transfer them to the MySQL database at JLab.
- He has numbers for time-walk corrections, time offsets, and speed of light. There are still global offsets in time difference, one per plane (top vs. bottom or north vs. south), to be determined. These can be addressed by looking comparing time differences with the position of charged particles hitting the TOF.
- Sasha is working on the sim-recon trunk. He will have to move the commissioning branch to pick up the run-by-run calibrations for resolving the 6-fold global time ambiguity of the CAEN TDCs.
DAQ Tasks for this Run
We had a discussion of many items on the list. For next time we hope to have basic calibrations in place, formulate a conceptual design for a gain balancing procedure, and have preliminary numbers for time resolution of the detector.