GlueX TOF Meeting, December 2, 2014
GlueX Time-of-Flight Meeting
Tuesday, December 2, 2014
11:00 am EST
JLab: CEBAF Center F326/327
- Calibration Progress (Sasha)
- CCDB table review (Beni)
- Equipment Loan
- The BlueJeans Meeting number is 350 531 998.
- Enter BlueJeans Meeting
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2014-4Q on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2014-4Q/ .
- FSU: Hussein Al Ghoul, Paul Eugenio, Sasha Ostrovidov, Aristeidis Tsaris
- JLab: Mark Ito (chair), Beni Zihlmann
- NU: Sean Dobbs
- Mark encouraged us to start looking at the offline monitoring histograms for the TOF. They are linked on the right side of the main wiki page.
- Mark announced that we think we have a solution for syncing the TOF CAEN TDCs to the other detector timing systems. Beni made a plot demonstrating perfect correlation between the time difference between FADC and TDC time measurements and the TI timestamp. This correlation can be used to break the 4 ns ambiguity in the event time origin. Mark will post the plot in the log book.
- Paul pointed out that we should use the TOF logbook to communication progress.
- Mark reported that at today's morning run coordination meeting we started putting together a run plan. If there is special running needed for the TOF, it should be communicated soon.
Sasha has written code to emulation mode 7 data. His code give distributions agree with the mode 7 data we have taken, but differ from the results from mode 8 data where an offline routine was used to derive summary information about pulses. He is using this new code to proceed with calibrations.
With beam data, Sasha is looking at the time offsets of the x and y plane. He the mean time in both planes and looks at their difference. He does not see the sharp structure he expects presently. He also sees inconsistencies between different "intersection regions" (the 6 x 6 cm regions where the x and y counters cross). He is using field off, mode 8 data.
CCDB Table Review
Beni proposed that we expand the information in the calibration tables so that channel labeling information (plane, counter, end) appears explicitly in the tables rather than their current presentation as a one-dimensional array of floating point numbers. He will make a proposal to the group on how we might change things.
Low-Level TOF Status
Sasha agreed to give the talk next week summarizing the status of TOF pedestals, rates, etc., at the morning run coordination meeting.