GlueX TOF Meeting, August 26, 2014

From GlueXWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

GlueX Time-of-Flight Meeting
Tuesday, August 26, 2014
11:00 am EDT
JLab: CEBAF Center F228


  1. Announcements
  2. Review of August 19 Meeting
  3. Review of August 13 Calibration Meeting
  4. Calibration Update (Sasha)
  5. Review of DAQ Tasks
  6. Review of Action Items from this Meeting (if any).



Talks can be deposited in the directory /group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2014-3Q on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at .



  • FSU: Paul Eugenio, Sasha Ostrovidov, Aristeidis Tsaris
  • JLab: Mark Ito (chair), Beni Zihlmann

Review of Minutes from August 19

We looked over the minutes.

  • Sasha is still seeing a deficit of TDC hits for some channels as much as a factor of two. The problem is still being studied.
  • Sasha would still like to take a long run of cosmics for calibration. One half day should be enough. He will look into using VNC to run the data acquisition remotely from FSU.
  • Sasha has a plan on how to proceed with the time calibration. The plan involved successively refining the event selection used for fits.
  • FSU will return the CAEN HV module on their next trip up.

Calibration Meeting Rehash

We reviewed discussion related to the TOF at the August 13 Calibration Meeting

We did could not think of compelling reason to run with something other than a standard total energy trigger to look at the time-of-flight.

Paul also mentioned that to study rates we need to have a target of comparable thickness to that of the hydrogen target. [Added in press: there is a thick plastic target being planned that would do the job.]

Review of DAQ Tasks

We look at the laundry list of items to be worked on. The discussion focused on two areas.


We need to get started reviewing existing histograms and perhaps refining them for detector monitoring. Mark will ask the experts about how to get started.

Event Display

Aristeidis has a working plug-in, but plans to add some features. We thought that he should check-in a preliminary version sooner rather than waiting to have all of the planned features. He will try to check something in in about a week.

Action Items

  1. Send Sasha instructions on how to use VNC on the gluon cluster. (Beni)
  2. Ask how to get started with online monitoring for the TOF. (Mark)
  3. Check-in a preliminary version of the TOF event display plug-in. (Aristeidis)