GlueX TOF Meeting, April 24, 2014
GlueX Time-of-Flight Meeting
Thursday, April 24, 2014
10:00 am EDT
JLab: CEBAF Center, F326/7
- Collaboration Meeting May 12-14
- Calibration talk?
- Review of meeting on April 10
- Installation Update
- To join via Polycom room system go to the IP Address: 220.127.116.11 (bjn.vc) and enter the meeting ID: 190670770.
- To join via a Web Browser, go to the page  https://bluejeans.com/190670770.
- To join via phone, use one of the following numbers and the Conference ID: 190670770
- US or Canada: +1 408 740 7256 or
- US or Canada: +1 888 240 2560
- More information on connecting to bluejeans is available.
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2014-2Q on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2014-2Q/ .
- FSU: Paul Eugenio, Sasha Ostrovidov, Aristeidis Tsaris
- JLab: Hussein Al Ghoul, Eugene Chudakov, Chuck Hutton, Mark Ito (chair), Tim Whitlatch, Beni Zihlmann
- Hussein will give the TOF report at the collaboration meeting
- Sasha will give Hussein three slides on calibration.
Tim reported that the survey numbers have come in. Measurements were done with respect to the nominal beam position. The TOF is 1.5 mm high and 4 mm beam right in its current position. We noted that the FCAL support is several meters back from its data-taking position. Given that the beam hole is about 12 cm square, and that another move will be necessary, we decided that there is no need to do position adjustments now.
Tim reported that if we do want to move things in the future, motion downward is restricted by the frame; things would have to be ground down to accommodate that.
Orientation angles were also measured all are less than about 0.1 degrees from nominal.
Hussein gave the report and contributed this section.
Cabling Plan as provided by Fernando's Crew can be found here http://hadron.physics.fsu.edu/~alghoul/Talks/TOFcablingplan.pdf
A table of the Cable labels for each module and PMT can be found here http://hadron.physics.fsu.edu/~alghoul/Talks/tofmodules.pdf
IMPORTANT: Modules at positions Y-28 and Y-29 switched positions, this was corrected for in the above table. Also module number Y-5 was put in the opposite orientation. It wasn't put in the right A->B orientation. This was also corrected in the table above. No Problems in the X plane.
The following pictures were taken on Wednesday April 23rd 2014
Hussein and Mark will check on the status of the read-out electronics and high-voltage supplies.
We discussed this briefly. A self-trigger for the TOF would be best. Sascha Somov indicated that that would not be too difficult if the conditions are simple, such as a energy sum.