GlueX TOF Meeting, April 1, 2011
Friday, April 1, 2011
2:00 pm EDT
JLab: CEBAF Center, Room F326
- US and Canada: (866)740-1260 (toll free)
- International: (303)248-0285 (toll call) or look up toll-free number at http://www.readytalk.com/intl
- enter access code followed by the # sign: 3421244#
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2011-2Q on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2011-2Q/ .
- FSU: Sasha Ostrovidov
- JLab: Mark Ito (chair), Simon Taylor
- The CAEN TDC arrived at FSU. It has a 25 ps least count. Sasha tested it with a pulser and got a resolution of 40 ps. A CAEN representative thinks that the TDC needs re-calibration. A procedure has been sent to Sasha; he will try it and see if performance improves.
- The problem reported last time with hits from channels with no signals connected was due to a faulty connector on the flat cable.
- The set-up (using the F1 TDC) is still infected with multiple-timing-peak disease.
- The FSU Physics machine shop can make light guides on their computer controlled milling machine. It should take about two hours per piece.
- The technique for bending has not been decided on. Some experiments have been done.
- The Advanced Procurement Plan being circulated for signatures.