GlueX TOF Design Meeting, March 21, 2012
- FSU: Paul Eugenio, Kurt Koetz, Sasha Ostrovidov, Randall Smith, Ian Winger
- JLab: Chuck Hutton, Mark Ito, Elton Smith, Tim Whitlatch, Beni Zihlmann
- Chuck presented slides with the latest ideas for the mechanical design.
- The main structural beam is no longer a bent sheet, but rather a stock steel C-channel beam, with milled edges.
- Not shown on the drawings at this time is the scheme for allowing adjustment of the angle of attachment of the steel shield. This is necessary to avoid contact with the light guide and PMT.
- Kurt expressed a preference for a sleeve clamp to hold the steel shield rather than screws set in a groove on the shield.