GlueX Start Counter Meeting, January 22, 2015
GlueX Start Counter Meeting
Thursday, January 22, 2015
10:00 am EST
CEBAF Center F326/327
- Review minutes from the December 12 meeting
- Calibration (Eric)
- Plans for Spring run
- Action Item Review
- The BlueJeans Meeting ID is 556 286 544 .
- Connect to the Meeting
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2015 on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2015/ .
- FIU: Werner Boeglin
- JLab: Mark Ito, Eric Pooser, Simon Taylor, Beni Zihlmann
- The next collaboration meeting is coming up. FIU will start thinking about what to present.
- The final invoice from FIU on the construction contract is in the mail.
Review of Minutes from the December 12 Meeting
We went over the minutes.
- Eric will provide feedback to Justin Stevens on the offline monitoring histograms.
- The anomalously low rate in sector 2 is still not understood.
Reconstruction and Calibration
Eric gave an update.
- Mahmoud Kamel is working on the timing calibration.
- Eric is working on the hit position correction to timing.
- Eric, Simon, and Paul Mattione are looking at the previously reported anomaly at 180 degrees in azimuth. No charged-track-start-counter matches are found for three counters in that region. The start counter hit seems present, the charged track is pointing to it, but the match is not registered.
- In the r-z view the intersection of tracks with the start counter shows a large number of points that are outside the physical counters, clearly a bug. Werner thought that this should be addressed first.
Plans for Spring Run
We went over the list of tasks that Mark had put together for the TOF. Since these are mostly generic they served as a useful list for the start counter as well. We agreed that many of them should be pursued and that the next step is to prioritize the list.