GlueX Start Counter Meeting, April 16, 2015
GlueX Start Counter Meeting
Thursday, April 16, 2015
10:00 am EDT
CEBAF Center F326/327
- Collaboration Meeting
- Review minutes from the March 19 meeting
- Detector Status
- DAQ Tasks for Spring 2015 Commissioning Run
- Action Item Review
- The BlueJeans Meeting ID is 556 286 544 .
- Connect to the Meeting
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2015 on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2015/ .
- FIU: Werner Boeglin, Mahmoud Kamel
- JLab: Mark Ito (chair), Eric Pooser, Simon Taylor
FIU will make the presentation. They will need 30 minutes. It will be some combination of Eric and Mahmoud.
We had a brief discussion of ideas for an online calibration. Werner pointed out that the thing we need to know earlier rather than later are the various thresholds of the detector.
Stable. The start counter is in the bore and ready to take data.
Work continues on refining time-walk corrections and propagation delay corrections.
- Time Walk. Eric is exploring using the pulse maximum rather than pulse integral as the input to the time-walk correction function.
- Propagation Delay. Using the Fall data to measure the delays has been difficult. FIU will try to use the test bench data obtained during construction as a basis for a correction scheme.
We agreed to meet again in a week.