GlueX Software Meeting, July 9, 2019

From GlueXWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

GlueX Software Meeting
Tuesday, July 9, 2019
3:00 pm EDT
JLab: CEBAF Center A110
BlueJeans: 968 592 007


  1. Announcements
    1. New version set: version_4.6.0.xml
    2. recon-2017_01-ver03_11.xml and recon-2018_01-ver02_2.xml
  2. Review of minutes from the last Software Meeting (all)
  3. Report from the last HDGeant4 Meeting (all)
  4. Review of recent issues and pull requests:
    1. halld_recon
    2. halld_sim
    3. CCDB
    4. RCDB
  5. Review of recent discussion on the GlueX Software Help List (all)
  6. Action Item Review (all)


Talks can be deposited in the directory /group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2019 on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at .



  • CMU: Naomi Jarvis
  • JLab: Alexander Austregesilo, Thomas Britton, Mark Ito (chair), Simon Taylor, Beni Zihlmann
  • W&M: Justin Stevens

There is a recording of this meeting on the BlueJeans site. Use your JLab credentials to access it.


  1. New version set: version_4.6.0.xml. This is an update version set. The big four packages have update releases.
  2. recon-2017_01-ver03_11.xml and recon-2018_01-ver02_2.xml. These have the same updates as 4.6.0 above with the exception of halld_recon. halld_recon in each case corresponds to that used in the reconstruction launch indicated in the file names.

Other Agenda Items

We reviewed:

The following items were discussed.

  • We need to revive the effort to add computing resources from institutions like Jülich.
  • We can probably close halld_recon issue #71 "crash in ST matching". Alex will do the honors.
  • We can also likely close halld_sim issue #48 "incomplete path in setenv.csh ??"
  • Mark will look further into the issue with modifying local CCDB SQLite files.
  • The halld_recon versions Alex has used for recent analysis launches need to get built. Mark will do this in consultation with Thomas.
  • David called our attention to planning for a GlueX-PANDA ML Workshop. Please contact David if you are interested. From a message from Tobias Stockmanns:

A place we could offer is the KVI Center in Groningen(NL) from October 28th till November 1st 2019. The number of participants could be up to 40 persons in total.

Possible topics from our side would be: General introduction in ML, particle identification, tacking, unsupervised ML, physics analysis using ML, image recognition (also outside HEP).