GlueX Software Meeting, January 19, 2021
GlueX Software Meeting
Tuesday, January 19, 2021
3:00 pm EST
BlueJeans: 968 592 007
- Review of Minutes from the Last Software Meeting (all)
- Strategy for Handling Bad Files on Tape? (all)
- Reconstruction on the OSG (Richard)
- Review of recent issues and pull requests:
- Review of recent discussion on the GlueX Software Help List (all)
- Action Item Review (all)
Present: Alex Austregesilo, Sean Dobbs, Mark Ito (chair), Igal Jaegle, David Lawrence, Zisis Papandreou, Simon Taylor, Nilanga Wickramaarachchi, Beni Zihlmann
nightly build report (sent once per month). The gluex account will send out the nightly build report every month to email@example.com.
Review of Minutes from the Last Software Meeting
We went over the minutes from January 5.
- The issue with single-threaded execution of the reconstruction test, reported by Alex, was resolved by removing the profiling option (-p) from the nightly build.
- List of cache files where the disk version is different from that on tape. Mark moved Ashley Ernst's files on this list to a new location on the cache disk so that they will be archived to tape. He will send the complete list to firstname.lastname@example.org after the meeting.
Strategy for Handling Bad Files on Tape
Mark had summarized the status of the problem tapes at the GlueX Bi-Weekly Meeting last week. Because of the large number of files (413,269 of them) on the tapes that were sent to IBM, some paths of progress have been blocked. Sean went through the list of files and reported that their absence is not holding us up seriously right now. The main problems are missing PS skim files and π0 skim files which are needed to finish calibration of 2019-11 data. If the files don't arrive back soon, then after the current reconstruction batch is done on the JLab farm he plans to regenerate the critical files.
Reconstruction on the OSG
Alex will contact Richard Jones about presenting his slides at the Production and Analysis Meeting tomorrow.
- Ask the Computer Center about staging the start of jobs in time. (Mark I.)
- Make sure that the automatic tests of HDGeant4 pull requests have been fully implemented. (Mark I., Sean)
- Finish conversion of halld_recon to use JANA2. (Nathan)
- Release CCDB 2.0 (Dmitry, Mark I.)
- Contact Richard Jones about presenting his OSG slides at the Production and Analysis Meeting (Alex A,)
- Send out list of cache files where the disk version is different from that on tape (Mark I.)