GlueX Software Meeting, December 8, 2020
GlueX Software Meeting
Tuesday, December 8, 2020
3:00 pm EST
BlueJeans: 968 592 007
- 1 Agenda
- 2 Minutes
- 2.1 Announcements
- 2.2 Review of Minutes from the Last Software Meeting
- 2.3 Minutes from the Last HDGeant4 Meeting
- 2.4 Report from the December 3rd SciComp Meeting
- 2.5 Proposal on Software Versions Beyond CentOS 7
- 2.6 2021 Data Flow Planning
- 2.7 FADC 125 Event Synchronization
- 2.8 Review of recent discussion on the GlueX Software Help List
- 2.9 Action Items
- Review of Minutes from the Last Software Meeting (all)
- Minutes from the Last HDGeant4 Meeting (all)
- Report from the December 3rd SciComp Meeting (Mark)
- Proposal on Software Versions Beyond CentOS 7 (Mark)
- 2021 Data Flow Planning (Sean)
- Review of recent issues and pull requests:
- Review of recent discussion on the GlueX Software Help List (all)
- Action Item Review (all)
Present: Alex Austregesilo, Nathan Brei, Thomas Britton, Sean Dobbs, Mark Ito (chair), Igal Jaegle, Naomi Jarvis, David Lawrence, Simon Taylor, Nilanga Wickramaarachchi, Beni Zihlmann
- New Required RPMs. The python2-future and libtirpc-devel RPM's are now required to build the master branches of hdds, halld_recon, and halld_sim, and hdgeant4.
- New work disk partition: /work/halld3. 50 TB of new work disk has arrived.
Review of Minutes from the Last Software Meeting
Minutes from the Last HDGeant4 Meeting
We reviewed the minutes from December 1 without significant comment.
Report from the December 3rd SciComp Meeting
Mark reported on the meeting. Topics include a new SciComp Web Portal, OSG jobs running at JLab, and more work disk for the Halls. See his slides for the details.
Proposal on Software Versions Beyond CentOS 7
Mark made a proposal on how we can go forward with versions of GCC non-native to CentOS 7. This would allow us to take advantage of new language features and upgrade support packages such as ROOT and Geant4. See his slides for the details.
2021 Data Flow Planning
Sean brought up issues having to do with skims for the upcoming data runs: (a) skims during PrimEx running and (b) the size of TOF calibration skims. See his slides for the details.
FADC 125 Event Synchronization
Beni raised an issue where hits in the CDC have a mis-match between eventnum and itrigger. Naomi posted the original problem report in the CDC e-log: Runs 72932-72937 hits from roc 25 slot 6 are missing from tracks. Naomi will contact David Abbott about the problem and what is to be done to fix it.
Review of recent discussion on the GlueX Software Help List
- Ask the Computer Center about staging the start of jobs in time. (Mark)
- Make sure that the automatic tests of HDGeant4 pull requests have been fully implemented. (Mark, Sean)
- Finish conversion of halld_recon to use JANA2. (Nathan)
- Ping Dmitry on CCDB Issue #68. (Mark)
- Remind Ashley about her problematic cache files. (Mark)