GlueX Software Meeting, December 20, 2021
GlueX Software Meeting
Monday, December 20, 2021
9:30 am EST
BlueJeans: 968 592 007
- 1 Agenda
- 2 Minutes
- 2.1 Announcements
- 2.2 Review of Minutes from the Last Software Meeting
- 2.3 FAQ of the Fortnight: What do I need to specify to get the correct constants from the CCDB?
- 2.4 Last Week's Computing Review
- 2.5 Review of recent issues and pull requests
- 2.6 Meeting Time in January
- Review of Minutes from the Last Software Meeting (all)
- FAQ of the Fortnight: What do I need to specify to get the correct constants from the CCDB?
- Last Week's Computing Review (Mark)
- Review of recent issues and pull requests:
- Review of recent discussion on the GlueX Software Help List (all)
- Meeting Time in January (all)
- Action Item Review (all)
Present: Alex Austregesilo, Edmundo Barriga, Mark Ito (chair), Igal Jaegle, Naomi Jarvis
- New version set: 5.2.0 New production release from December 8.
- new recon-launch-compatible version sets These correspond to version set 5.2.0.
- group disk cleaned up, old releases deleted 500 GB deleted of 3.0 TB total.
Review of Minutes from the Last Software Meeting
We went over the minutes from the meeting on December 6.
- Alex has loaded all of the 2017-01 REST files onto the cache disk. Naomi is copying them to CMU and Richard Jones is copying them to UConn.
- Igal has uploaded PrimEx calibration data, but is having problems accessing them. He will post a description of the problem to the Software Help List.
Beni Zihlmann called a meeting of the Documentation Task Force on December 9. Naomi reported that a wiki page has been created to give an overview of GlueX software at a beginner's level. It is linked from the main wiki page under "Overview" in the "Software" section of the column on the right. Writing assignments for subsidiary pages were made and many have been fulfilled.
FAQ of the Fortnight: What do I need to specify to get the correct constants from the CCDB?
Mark went over the details of what is needed to fully specify the set of calibration constants to be used.
Last Week's Computing Review
Mark reported that the Review went well for us. He thanked all those that contributed. See his email from last Friday.
Review of recent issues and pull requests
We went over gluex_root_analysis Issue #156: Crashes with minimal DSelector upon writing output trees, probably memory leak.
Naomi told us that Paul Mattione had reported that when cloning ROOT forgets branch addresses when it uses PROOF or when it operates on a TChain[?] and so he had to write his own routine, which does not seem to work on CentOS 8. To debug the problem further she needs to go the main branch of ROOT to make sure that all recent changes have been incorporated. Mark said that he would look into adding that capability to the ROOT makefile in Build Scripts.
For now Naomi is using a two-part workaround:
- process one file at a time
- do not use PROOF
Meeting Time in January
After the Holidays, we will go back to meeting on Tuesdays at 3:00 pm for both the Software and HDGeant4 meetings.