GlueX Offline Meeting, October 26, 2016
GlueX Offline Software Meeting
Wednesday, October 26, 2016
2:00 pm EDT
JLab: CEBAF Center F326/327
- Review of minutes from the last meeting (all)
- Launches (Paul M./Alex A.)
- Software Review
- Review of recent pull requests (all)
- Review of recent discussion on the Gluex Software Help List.
- Action Item Review
- The BlueJeans meeting number is 968 592 007 .
- Join the Meeting via BlueJeans
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2016 on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2016/ .
- CMU: Naomi Jarvis, Curtis Meyer
- JLab: Alexander Austregesilo, Thomas Britton, Brad Cannon, Eugene Chudakov, Paul Eugenio, Mark Ito (chair), David Lawrence, Hrachya Marukyan, Paul Mattione, Nathan Sparks, Simon Taylor, Beni Zihlmann
There is a recording of this meeting on the BlueJeans site.
- HDPM 0.3.1 released. Nathan reviewed his announcement of the new release. He has re-written the system in Go. The system can be distributed as compiled binaries now; no Julia interpreter needed.
- sim-recon 2.7.0 released. A wide variety of changes are included in this release. This release was built using upgrades to Xerces-C, CCDB, and HDDS. Mark referred us to the release notes for more information.
Beni reported a memory leak that only revealed itself when many raw data files are processed by a single job. [Added in press: Beni opened an issue on the GitHub site describing the problem].
Review of minutes from the last meeting
We discussed items from the minutes of the meeting on October 12.
- David sent an email to the group about the downside of storing complete HDDS files as the solution to a run-dependent geometry, based on his experience with a similar scheme with the online translation tables. Changes to different detector components occur at different times, leading to a multiplication of the number of versions needed. To some extent the problem with the geometry is ameliorated by having different subsystems specified in different files, but the problem remains.
Software Review 4 Talk Walk-Through
The bulk of the meeting was devoted to a quick walk-through of the three talks from Hall D to be given at the upcoming software review.
There have been some issues with calibration; there are some tweaks to be done for the reconstruction launch. The goal is to start by Friday.