GlueX Offline Meeting, March 9, 2018
GlueX Offline Software Meeting
Friday, March 9, 2018
10:00 am EST
JLab: CEBAF Center A110
BlueJeans: 968 592 007
- Review of minutes from the February 9 meeting (all)
- Report from the GlueX Containers meeting on March 2 (Mark)
- Review of recent pull requests (all)
- Review of recent discussion on the GlueX Software Help List (all)
- Action Item Review (all)
- The BlueJeans meeting number is 968 592 007 .
- Join the Meeting via BlueJeans
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2018 on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2018/ .
- FIU: Mahmoud Kamel
- JLab: Alex Austregesilo, Thomas Britton, Mark Ito (chair), Simon Taylor, Beni Zihlmann
- Yerevan: Hrach Marukyan
There is a recording of this meeting on the BlueJeans site. Use your JLab credentials to access it.
- New sim-recon release, version 2.24.0. Mark reminded us that this version supports a local version of the SQLite libraries which are now needed for CentOS6 and RHEL6.
- MCwrapper 1.13 has been released. Thomas described the recent release.
- There are now two calibrations times: one for simulation and one for reconstruction since in principle these may differ.
- The mechanism for distributing random triggers to the OSG for use as background has been implemented. Those files are being processed now.
- The system for copying job output off the submit node is being developed. The concept has been designed.
- Today's Containers Meeting is canceled.
- Launches: Alex reported
- We are finishing the 2016 REST v5 launch.
- Progress has slowed due to a recent priority increase for the calibration effort by the gxproj3.
- There is a possibility of future reconstruction launches using software improvements being worked on presently to deal with the intensity dependence of reconstruction efficiency.
Review of minutes from the February 9 meeting
We went over the minutes. The self-healing of the not-the-TOF anomaly in monitoring histograms is still a mystery.
Report from the GlueX Containers meeting on March 2
Mark and Thomas summarized the notes from the meeting. Since then:
- The CVMFS share for GlueX code (Oasis) is now being updated twice daily. This includes new releases and new versions of the CCDB and RCDB SQLite files, as well as any new version set files (version*.xml).
- The mechanism for random triggers (mentioned above in the announcements) will be for each job to grab needed random trigger files and take them with them to the OSG. This may not the final scheme, but it has been implemented and will be used for now.