Controls Meeting 6-Sep-2012
Note: we will move quickly through the status reports to give Beni plenty of time
- Daniel will talk about the FCAL base control system and firmware at the 20-Sep meeting
- Ed Jastrzembski will give a followup talk about FPGA programming in Oct
- Minutes from previous meeting 23-Aug-2012
- Hardware purchase status - Josh, Hovanes
- Danfysik board repair - Josh
- Test Stand - Josh
- SOE, Turbo pump
- EPICS - Hovanes
- Counting house installation - Hovanes
- JInventory improvements - Elliott
- purchase barcode labels now?
- Solenoid test - Mark, Josh, Scot, Elliott
- Revised Cooldown Date
- Required documenation includes entries into JInventory database!
- Fasttrack schedule
- Power supply maintenance OSP, Cooldown OSP, Powered operations OSP, reviews
- Test plan, procedures, THA
- Vacuum, SOE, quench detector, etc.
- PLC programming and PXI system - Josh, Dave, Yi
- Gas System - Beni plot
- Mantis task tracker
- Midas elog
- Experiment Control Supervisor - Elliott
- Accelerator Elog - Elliott
9:30AM Thurs 6-Sep-2012 CC L207
9:30am Thurs 20-Sep-2012 CC L207
Present: Elliott W, Josh B, Dave B, Mark S, Scot S, Beni Z, Tim W, Narciso G, Hovanes E.
We very briefly went over the status reports, then Beni took over and described the gas system in great detail. He will get back to us with an updated design taking into account comments and suggestions. Some misc points from the status reports:
- Josh ordered some Point I/O modules for the vacuum system.
- Andrew Kimber's group will have a look at the Danfysik board we fried.
- Elliott is improving the JInventory system, Josh will enter EEL 126 and solenoid test equipment.
- Under-floor rack power is installed in the Rack Room, waiting on parts for the overhead power.
- Still waiting on MOU with Yerevan before Nerses and another person can come.
- Solenoid group working on revising schedule to meet new cooldown date end of Nov.
- Power supply maintenance OSP is immanent.