Controls Meeting 28-Jun-2012
- Minutes from previous meeting 14-Jun-2012
- CNU summer student projects - Elliott
- UPS, RDC and other SNMP programming?
- JInventory database conventions - Josh, Elliott
- Barcode scanner - Hovanes, Elliott
- Controls hardware requests - Josh
- EPICS - Hovanes, Vanik
- motion control, alarm system, goniometer, UConn boards, other power supplies, etc.
- Counting house installation - Hovanes, Mark
- Solenoid test - Mark, Josh, Scot, Elliott
- FastTrack, OSP's, FMEA, new computers, UPS power to Danfysik, SOE, QD, overcurrent protection, ground fault detector, etc.
- Test stand - Hovanes, Josh
- PLC programming and PXI system - Josh, Dave
- Elogs and databases - Elliott
- Midas elog
- Operator elog
- Mantis task tracker
- Experiment Control Supervisor - Elliott
9:30 AM Thurs 28-Jun-2012 CC L207
9:30am Thurs 12-Jul-2012 CC L207
Present: Elliott W, Josh B, Mark S.
This was a fairly short meeting due to many people not being available.
- Elliott reported that the summer student will work on communication with the UPS after completing another project, if time permits.
- Josh proposed some conventions for the JInventory database and made a bunch of new entries, some changes will be needed.
- Hovanes received a loaner barcode scanner and is evaluating it.
- Walt Akers may have a source for cheap breakers for the RDC, Mark will followup.
- Josh is ready to order the CompactLogix system, just needs to verify with Jim concerning which RTD they plan to use.
- Vanik implemented pulsed mode in the EPICS driver.
- Mark and Mark Bear are ordering parts for wiring the counting house rack room.
- Elliott is right in the middle of creating a Fastrack schedule for the solenoid test, will need input from everyone.
- We need the OSP for maintenance of the solenoid power supply by the end of July.
- Josh received the second SOE module, he is planning some additional tests.
- Josh started working on Viewpoint screens.
- Josh will order a new quad-core computer for the A-B license servers and other software.
- Dave has been busy recently so not too much progress on PLC programming, but the first version of the module that communicates with the Danfysik supply is ready.
- Josh has completed a lot of PLC programming and is using tasks and programs to simplify the code.