Controls Meeting 22-Mar-2012
- Minutes from previous meeting 8-Mar-2012
- Ordering PXI system - Yi, Elliott
- Strategy for equipment FCC noise specifications - Elliott
- CDC thermocouples - Josh
- HV Control - Nerses
- Other EPICS - Hovanes, Nerses, Vanik
- JInventory database - Elliott
- Counting house installation - Hovanes, Mark
- Equipment orders - Mark, Hovanes
- Solenoid_Controls_Redesign - Mark, Josh, Scot, Yi, Elliott
- UPS power, coil tap circuits, PXI, SOE, QD, shunt replacement, ground fault detector, etc.
- Test stand - Hovanes, Josh
- Target, goniometer, other new systems
- PLC programming - Josh
- Elogs and databases - Elliott
- Midas elog
- Operator elog
- Experiment Control Supervisor - Elliott
- Mantis task tracker
9:30 AM Thurs 22-Mar-2012 CC L207
9:30am 4-Apr-2012 CC L207
Present: Elliott W, Mark S, Scot S, Josh B, Hovanes E, Nerses G, Vanik K.
Ordering PXI System
Yi is ready to order, he just needs something close to the final channel counts.
FCC Noise Specs
The current strategy as I understand it is that FCC Class A equipment is acceptable but that Fernando wants to know what's going into the hall. Mark will continue to send Fernando information about our controls equipment. If noise is suspected then we will measure and mitigate. I suspect some of the equipment in the hall does not even meet FCC Class A. We are still discussing sending UPS power from the counting house to the hall.
Josh and Naomi have resolved this. CMU will purchase Type T thermocouples, and Josh ordered a matching Point I/O module and a thermocouple for evaluation.
Elliott was about to deploy when everyone in the room noted that the interfaces really need to appear in pulldown menus sourcing a table of possible interfaces. Elliott will add this feature and hopes to get it out next week.
Nerses gave a complete report on the status of CAEN HV control in EPICS, see his talk above.
- We are purchasing the previous generation of mainframes, not the ones just released.
- We are only using A1535 HV boards or similar.
- This is a modified version of a package from CLS.
- Currently it can support 8 crates/IOC.
- EPICS databases are automatically generated.
- Nerses is working on both expert and operator gui's.
At this point we got kicked out of the room...