Controls Meeting 15-Dec-2011
- Minutes from previous meeting 1-Dec-2011
- Report from Scot on cryo design/changes
- Equipment orders - Mark
- Solenoid_Controls_Redesign - Mark, Josh, Scot, Cody, Yi, Elliott
- Danfysik quench detector
- shunt replacement
- UPS power to Danfysik
- ground fault detector using dump resistor
- redundant Danfysik contactor, quench detector, dump diodes?
- need more NI fast daq modules, 8 chan/module
- Experiment Control Supervisor - Vardan, Hovanes, Elliott
- EPICS evaluation
- alarm system
- EPICS update - Nerses, Hovanes, Elliott
- Controls test stand - Hovanes, Josh
- 435NBX serial module
- EPICS drivers and gui's
- PLC programming, Viewpoint, licenses, etc. - Josh
- high-priority tasks
- add-on instructions -- ladder logic, function block, structured text
- Elog - Elliott
- Midas elog
- Operator elog
- Mantis task tracker
- PyIRMIS or CLAS inventory database? - Hovanes, Elliott
9:30 AM Thurs 1-Dec-2011 CC F325
After the holidays.
Present: Elliott W, Mark S, Cody D, Josh B, Hovanes E, Scot S.
Mark has a few items to order. He will not purchase rack bases since we inherited a large number of rack-mount power strips.
Solenoid Controls Redesign
- Scot presented near-final controls designs and drawings covering PLC chassis and module layouts, the many new or modified channels, changed actuator functions, etc.
- We will have a redundant He liquid level monitor based on differential pressure, no need for the proposed "idiot light" (carbon resistor) system.
- Josh will basically rewrite the entire PLC controls program from scratch, using the existing version as an "example."
- We likely need one more Lakeshore Temperature monitor for the flange temperature probes.
- Elliott reported we're nearly done with understanding and determining modifications needed for the quench detector.
- Mark noted that Class 1 systems require less than 5 mA so that 20k resistors will work for 100 V max. George needs to verify the max voltage during fast dumps and quenches.
- Mark will order the shunt replacement when Yi verifies it meets fast DAQ requirements.
- Mark will have a center tab welded to the dump resistor so he can use it for the ground fault detector.
- Elliott reported plans to meet with Accelerator to explore many topics, including layering CSS/Databrowser on top of the MyA achive engine.
- Hovanes will move on to alarm systems after the archiver.
- Nerses continues to work on the JLab discriminator, next will be high and low voltage systems.
- Josh verified the SOE plus relays works as expected.
- Next he will check the 435NBX ethernet-to-serial gateway.
- Elliott demonstrated the new Midas elogs for manuals, maintenance logging and procedures. Comments are welcome, and please start using them.
- We still need to choose and operator elog.
Elliott reviewed recent progress reported in the Mantis system. More people need to start using this!