August 21,2007 Software
- Review minutes from August 14, 2007 Software meeting
- Event generators from Rad-φ (Richard)
- Using pythia and HDGeant [] (Beni)
- Action Items
Cebaf Center F324-325
To connect by telephone: 1.) dial:
800-377-8846 : US 888-276-7715 : Canada 302-709-8424 : International
2.) enter participant code: 39527048# (remember the "#")
We may have a VRVS connection depending if the equipment is in good working order. No guarantees.
Attendees: Simon T., David L.(chair), Mark I., Elton S., Elliott W., Mike W.
Phone: Andrei S., Mihajlo K., Alexander O.
- The wiki authentication was changed to allow world access to read the site. New accounts must be created by either Mark or David. Accounts are needed only to modify the wiki.
- Elton suggested we look at the event size as an action item. It was agreed that this should be discussed at the next DAQ/online meeting.
Event generators from Rad-φ
Richard was unable to make the meeting today so this was postponed until a lter meeting
Using pythia and HDGeant
Beni showed several plots from some simulation he did using events generated by pythia. He generated 150k events with the pythiagen program and ran them through hdgeant. He modified hdgeant to dump the death points and particle types of all primary tracks into an ASCII file. This was then used to produce serveral scatter plots indicating the locations in the detector where the particles "died". Plots were shown for different particle types and with varying energy cuts. Also shown were multiplicity plots of particles of various flavor (proton pion, gamma).
Beni commented that the plots he produced were all done from a single vertex point within the target and that implementing an extended target vertex distribution should be done to a give a more realistic view.
Elke pointed out that some more tuning of the pythia parameters would give a more accurate representation of the hadronic background at Hall-D energies. She will work on this later in the fall.
David showed a few plots of the momentum/angle distributions for π+, π-, protons, and γs as generated by pythia. He generated 1 million events, but did not run them through hdgeant, only plotted at the thrown distributions.
- Add extended target vertex distribution to pythiagen
Remove read-only password for Wiki
- Complete "Version 4" Simulation geometry document. (David, Simon)
- Put updated collaboration list in DocDB and commit list to repository (Zisis)
- Develop system for incorporating alternative b-fields in simulation (Richard and David)
Look at recent FDC geometry changes(Richard)
Create an easy way to produce radiation length plots and document it(David)
- Review the digitization scheme(s) we have now and figure out how to make them more coherent (??)
Remove "default" from calibration file directory path(David)
- Tie HDGeant and DANA constants to single source (David)
- Output configuration parameters database from DANA