August 10, 2022 FCAL Insert Installation Meeting
Meeting Time and Place
Wednesday August 10,2022 9:30am At Jefferson Lab, Hall D Counting House and on Teams
- Discuss Schedule, space, manpower and equipment needs
- Presented the attached presentation covering schedule,space, equipment and manpower
- Need to come up with a detailed plan for Lead glass unstacking, refurb and module restack (Sasha)
- Materials needed (mylar, silicone sheets etc..)
- Manpower required
- Equipment needed (shelving, tooling etc)
- Space needed
- include CCAL disassy and refurb modules
- Cookie inspection?
- Include testing of all crystals inside hall
- Include additional dividers for crystals
- Help from detector support group?
- FCAL used teflon sheet to slide upper modules into place
- Discussion on attaching racks to platform - Tim to investigate
- Maybe a good idea to do a 10x10 stack up to practice and see where the difficulties lie
- Develop a very detailed procedure and schedule for the entire project including manpower (Tim/Scot)
- Need to uncable DIRC and reroute gas lines
- Include the module plan from Sasha
- Include addition of AC power on south side of platform
- Develop Cable map and labelling (Fernado)
- Determine space where cables can be labelled as well as manpower
- Investigate if additional cable trays are needed for additional crystal signal cables
- will signal cables be light weight and thin?
- Cabling mock up for center section
- How many new racks are needed?
- Matt to go through spare parts he has and send needed stuff to JLAB.
- plastic crates for modules
- assembled modules
- Need to include Fernando in future meetings
- Set up periodic meetings to prepare