April 22, 2021 CPP Design Meeting

From GlueXWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Meeting Time and Place

Thursday April 22, 2021, 3:30pm Bluejeans https://bluejeans.com/465620466

  • Present - Elton, Dave, Stephanie, Ilya, Rory, Mark S, Beni, Simon, Mark I


  • Minutes from last meeting https://halldweb.jlab.org/wiki/index.php/April_08,_2021_CPP_Design_Meeting
  • Microscope move
  • Lead Configuration
  • We need separate gas system from CDC
    • Pre-mixed bottles $316 each and available in 2 weeks notice - Argon 12 pack cost $1.1K, CO2 cost $300 ea. so it would be a little cheaper to use existing gas. Setup is pretty straight forward.
    • New mixing system would require mixing tank in already cramped gas shed
    • Borrowing from CMU would need to meet all JLAB pressure system requirements including certifications for components. How big and is there room in our gas shed?
  • Plan for bringing/checking chambers from UMASS
  • Design/Fab/Procurement status
    • Stand
    • Steel
    • Fcal platform mods
  • Things to work out
    • Gas system, manifold/bubblers (Beni has some)
    • Complete structural analysis
    • Develop Detailed installation plan
    • Develop Design/operational/Maintenance Requirements
    • Modified US vacuum system
    • Solid target installation
    • Documentation for ERR
    • Microscope move

Minutes and Action Items

  • Microscope will be moved to nominal position in between vacuum chamber stand. Should be no issues.
  • Discussed gas system - how to validate premixed gasses?
  • We will use premix gas (90/10 Ar/CO2) for test and in hall
  • Rotometer (manual)needed for all 6 chambers about 5 cc/s each
  • Rory will be bringing 4 chambers dow the end of May
  • Elton to check into requirements for personnel coming from UMASS
  • Beni wishes to do the chamber testing in EEL 126. He will take care of the electronics needed and start writing an OSP
  • Scot is ordering or has the components (regulators, flowmeters, relief valves, filters, tubing, etc). The same components will be used on the test setup and in the hall.
  • Rory stated that we will need about 24 hours of flow before testing the chambers.
  • It is desired to have a helium bag inside the CDC (Tim - later)
  • Still need to work on the target (Tim - later)
  • Ilya had no more to present on lead absorbers - plan to machine 90 degree edge