HDGeant4 Meeting, July 2, 2019
Tuesday, July 2, 2019
3:00 pm EDT
JLab: CEBAF Center, A110
- CMU: Naomi Jarvis
- JLab: Shankar Adhikari, Alex Austregesilo, Thomas Britton, Stuart Fegan, Mark Ito (chair), Simon Taylor
- UConn: Richard Jones
There is a recording of this meeting on the BlueJeans site. Use your JLab credentials to get access.
Review of minutes from the last meeting
We went over the minutes from June 18 to remind ourselves where we left off.
Issues on GitHub
We reviewed the open issues.
- Overall BCAL energy shift? #113. Mark Dalton re-did his study, this time providing details of the dependence of the energy response on energy and angle. Richard noticed that the results have differences from those he presented back in March. We discussed possible sources of the difference: target launch position, control.in differences, and the use of different run numbers were mentioned. In principle, it should be possible to track down the cause of the differences.
- Difference in Acceptance between G3 and G4 #111 Thomas will re-raise the issue with Colin Gleason when Colin returns from vacation.
- G4Exception crash after Curve length mis-match #109. Naomi has succeeded in tracking down two bggen events that cause crashed in hdgeant4. We tried, in real time, to run hdgeant4 on one of them with the random number seeds she provided. No crash, but the input seeds reported on standard output did not match those input. Richard will look into this.
- The connection of these events with previously reported crashes is not certain. Naomi will post them in as new issues.
- Calorimeter timing mismatch between g3 and g4 #93 Alex has started work on repeating his study.