GlueX Start Counter Meeting, May 16, 2013
GlueX Start Counter Meeting
Thursday, May 16, 2013
10 am EDT
JLab: CEBAF Center F326/327
- Review minutes from previous meeting
- Collaboration Meeting Schedule.
- Construction Status
- US and Canada: (866)740-1260 (toll free)
- International: (303)248-0285 (toll call) or look up toll-free number at http://www.readytalk.com/intl
- enter access code followed by the # sign: 1833622#
- Go to http://esnet.readytalk.com
- In the "join a meeting" box enter the Hall D code: 1833622
- Fill in the participant registration form.
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2013-2Q on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2013-2Q/ .
- FIU: Werner Boeglin, Eric Pooser
- JLab: Mark Ito (chair), Tim Whitlatch, Beni Zihlmann
The contract with McNeal for machining the scintillators is complete. They will start soon. They have asked for updated drawings of scintillator pieces. Eric will contact them and check progress.
The test stand is with the machinist at FIU. He thinks it might take him longer to execute the design than we anticipated. Eric and Werner are looking for possible simplifications in the design/specifications.
Tim suggested we look at the CDC and FDC installation documents as examples. Mark will track them down and send the links around.
Collaboration Meeting Agenda
Eric will give the talk at the meeting. He will be here for HUGS.
The contract is nearly ready for award by JLab Procurement. This should happen in a day or two.
- We need to check on the status of the signal and voltage distribution box.
- Werner has installed Scientific Linux 6 on a server and FIU. Mark will help installing the GlueX software.
- We need to review the current schedule for the start counter.
New Action Items
- check on the status of the signal and voltage distribution box -> Mark
- install GlueX software at FIU -> Mark and Werner
- review the current schedule for the start counter -> Mark
- get example installation documents and send them around -> Mark